GETTING TO KNOW ME BLOG HOP

by - July 27, 2014

Hello Friends, Am very happy to take part in this interesting blog hop " GETTING TO KNOW ME". Radhika of hobby crafts is my inspiration to start a blog. I love her creations and like to try her craft ideas. She uses simple objects to create beautiful projects without much supplies. Most of her crafts are handmade which impresses me the most about her crafts. Some of her projects which I like are coconut shell box, belt earrings, pistachio shell jewlery , blush card etc. I am very happy that such a talented crafter has tagged me for this blog hop. Thank you very much Radhika. 

GETTING TO KNOW ME

1) WHY DO I CRAFT/ BLOG?
        "I have been an creative person right from my childhood. I used to make cards for every diwali and new year and send it to all my relatives. Then as I grew up my studies took precedence over crafts. While I was in college I used to craft in my freetime and will gift my friends on birthdays. After marriage I came to US. To overcome my boredom, I started crafting again. I loved it. I thought some of ideas I have used to create my crafts would help budding crafters. Hence I started a blog."


2)WHAT ARE SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF CRAFTING/BLOGGING?
    "When I craft I enjoy myself and feel satisfied when the creation turns out as I wished.  Crafting absorbs all the stress of everyday life and keeps my mind relaxed. So it always makes me think positive. When I post my creation in my blog , it increases my self confidence and gives me satisfaction that I am  spending my time usefully and also learning something new everyday. 


After I started to blog and participating in different challenges I have learnt many things right from new techniques, new materials that can be used, different varieties of crafts, photography tips , blogging tips etc. In specific I have learnt about card making, mixed media layouts , art journals , flower making , digital painting , altered art, jewelry making and i would go on and on."

3)WHERE DO I GET MY INSPIRATION FROM?
    "Inspiration is everywhere. When I see a craft work I say wow and immediately want to try it out. So the inspiration basically comes from the craft itself. For mixed media layouts I will refer to gabrielle polloco's tutorials. For the placement of flowers and for the colour combination for the cards I used to refer to my fellow bloggers like hussena , nupur priya , Jaya raghuvansi , pooja etc. 


For jewelry making, I take inspiration from the different designs displayed in fancy stores, or the jewelry worn by somebody or sometimes google images. "


4)WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CRAFT GENRE?
    "I like earring making and I  love to wear my handmade earrings . I love to make clay crafts and altered items. I always enjoy upcycling an old item and creating something new out of it. "



5)WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED?
    "The passion in crafting makes me to look everything through creative eyes. When I craft, the enjoyment I get in the creative process cannot be equated to anything else. To taste that enjoyment again again I craft. This makes me to go on and on. The happiness that I get when I wear my own creation is also one of the reasons that keeps me going. Also when somebody comes to my home and see my creations and appreciate it, it encourages me to create more and more. "  


6)WHAT NEXT?
   "I wanted to improve my skills in jewelry making and be able to make all kinds of jewelry. Recently mural relief work grabbed my attention and you can see a post soon on it." 

Thank you for reading patiently and now its my turn to tag one of my blogger friend .
I would like to tag one of my fellow bloggers who is new to this blogging field but creates amazing projects. She makes beautiful layouts, cards altered items etc. 

Neha Upreti of creative crafting blog : She is  from Delhi and a doctorate by profession. I wonder how she manages her time between her profession and passion.  She loves to do all kinds of paper crafting and some of my favourite projects of hers are listed below. Do drop in by her blog to see her beautiful creations.

Altered jar


Shabby chic gift box






You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Ramya!!! Lovely post!! It was good to know about you!!! Loved your paintings and jewellery. Thanks for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post Ramya..and very happy to know more about you in person by this post.. :) lovely paintings and Thank you for such sweet words about me..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments