MIXED MEDIA ART JOURNAL

by - April 30, 2015

Hello Friends, Welcome back!! Today I have an art journal page to share with you all. This is my first attempt in making a mixed media journal page. I would like to thank Shilpa Nagaonkar of neon diary for introducing me to this amazing world of mixed media as well as guiding me about the supplies used.


I made this journal based on the very famous poem "April showers bring may flowers".


Initially I started off by applying a coat of gesso to my page . I randomly created textures using liquitex modeling paste and plaid stencil pack. Then I used blue,yellow and pink sprays respectively.


The next step was to stamp and stencil. I have used tim holtz visual artistry stamp set and Americana alphabet stencils. I dabbed white acrylic paint with my finger. Distressed the edges of the journal using black archival ink.


The umbrella and the butterfly are hand cut from the pattern paper. The flowers are made using recollections six petal punch. I used the first four lines of the poem as quote for my journal.



Hope you all like my project....

Submitting to the following competitions:
The artistic stamper blog - "Journaling your heart out"  - I have created a mixed media journal .
Mixed media monthly challenge blog -" April showers"
Mixed media world challenge blog - " Use bright colours"
Frilly and funkie challenge blog - " Stencil mania"
Inspiration journal - " Everything goes"
The craft place challenge blog - " No cards"






You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Such a great art journal page - hard to believe it's you first page! Love the bright colors you chose. The umbrellas and other elements are adorable. Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job here for a first attempt Ramya. Love the bright colors. ..perfect for the season. Way to go...great beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages, Ramya. Awesome bright and vibrant colors here. Loved to see all interesting things that spring brings ....on your page. ...happy happy page!
    Thank you so much for shout out, I am pleased to know you are enjoying this new creative journal journey. Looking forward to see many more from you!!
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks so much for joining us at Artistic stamper this month!

      Delete
  4. this is really really pretty. i love how you transitioned the famous quote and gave one page the 'showers' and the other 'flowers.' great idea. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic journalling Ramya! The beautiful background works so well with those flowers and umbrellas. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous summer colours and I love your choices of stencils! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Stencil Mania' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! A fabulous pop of colour indeed! Looks awesome! Thank you for joint us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful. Thanks for playing the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments