FALL THEMED ALTERED JAR

by - September 25, 2015

Hello Friends, Welcome back to my blog!! Well the autumn season has begun, so today's project is all about welcoming this beautiful season of gold. I love to walk on the dried crispy leaves as they give a crunchy effect like that of potato chips.. Lol..  There is a surprise inside this jar which is revealed at the end of this post!!


In California fall season is not much pronounced like the east coast so we can see lot of green trees with some dried trees in between them. So I took the color palette from what I see here - green , yellow, gold and red. I have seen many altered mason jar projects made by my fellow bloggers of which my favorite is Neha's altered mason jar. So I bookmarked that and thought of trying it soon. When the ghee bottle became empty I decided to alter it with the fall theme. 


I covered the jar with pattern paper from DCWV paper pack. Then adhered different laces from "Celebrate it" collections. I inked the laces with golden, yellow and red distress inks. Recently I bought a Martha Stewart daisy punch and was waiting to use it. All the flowers in this project are made using this punch and recollections card stock. The leaves are hand cut and distressed using inks.


The sentiment is a print out. I used pearl chain, pearls and golden bead chain to decorate the jar. The mini book charm is handmade using stacked papers from old magazine and packaging card board.  


For the top panel I have used burlap cloth , lace and handmade flowers. The bird is hand cut from the glitter foam sheet. 




So what is inside the bottle??  Here is the surprise!!!


I wanted to create a window so that my haunted house is visible. So glued the laces only 3/4th of the jar.  For the background I have used black glitter foam sheet. On the lid of the jar I pasted a LED candle using double sided tape. 


With the onset of fall the temperature starts to decrease here so its not possible to keep the door open always as in summer. So we need an air freshner.  Hence I filled the jar with  home made air freshner  and added three pumpkins above it.  On the lid of the jar I pasted a LED candle using double sided tape. See how it gives a spooky effect in the dark.  I am going to keep this decorated jar in my crafting table so that I can enjoy the pleasant smell while I craft. 



Here are some of the ideas to make your own air freshner:  http://www.viralnova.com/diy-air-fresheners/
I added  homemade potpourri  inside the jar. As its fall time I picked many dry leaves and flowers from the nearby garden and added lavender essential oil to it. 


Hope you all like my project. Do leave your comments/ suggestions!! Have a nice weekend!!

Entering this project into the following challenges:

1, City crafter challenge blog - "Fall has arrived"  - I was inspired by the falling leaves and the colors of the picture. I have used red, yellow , green and brown in my project.
2. Kraftzone challenge blog - " Altered art with sentiment" - I have altered a ghee bottle/jar.
3. Dream valley challenge - " Autumn colors"
4. Lessology challenge - " Its reading time" - I have made a mini book charm by recycling magazine papers. I have also recycled ghee bottle/jar.
5. Crafting musketeers - " Challenge 29 - Autumnal colors
6.Our creative corner - " Shades of autumn"
7. Altered eclectics 













You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Lovely fall project. Very ambitious. Enjoy the "not too fall like" days ;)
    I'm so glad you shared at City Crafter Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That was a surprise for sure. Definitely a perfect Halloween creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at LESSology this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! Fall, Halloween and an air freshner in one. And a stunning altered jar. Wow! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous altered jar in fab Autumnal colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenges. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project this is ... so full of detail!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent here at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous and I so love the bright colours...
    Thank you for joining in with our current challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully altered jar. Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock on! It's double sided! Super duper cool! I really want to add a light to a jar now! And that bird! Cool project and thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments