WARLI ART CLAY MURAL

by - November 20, 2017

Hello Friends , Welcome to my blog!! Today am sharing with you all Warli art on a canvas board using air dry clay. I actually made this for my friend/ neighbor who bought a new house . 
This friend who herself is an excellent artist loves everything creative and handmade. Since she is from Gujarat decided to make a Warli art welcome sign for her new home. 


I used polyform air dry clay and artist's loft canvas board for making this mural. Here are some pics of the process. 

I referred the internet and finalized a design and did a rough sketch on the canvas board. Then cut out a triangular shaped template for the structure of the warli man. I made sure that all the warli men are of the same size. 


Once the clay work is over I let it dry for two days and then started to paint. I used Daler Rowney's black acrylic and folkart metallic gold colors. Finished the mural by applying two coats of varnish.





Thanks for stopping by. See you soon with another interesting post. 

You May Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for your comments